I have been writing software for nearly 20 years. I spent the bulk of my career doing software consulting in the defense, health and finance industries. Around 2005 I started learning ObjC. I now spend my days writing iOS apps + Swift.
I am a Principal Software Engineer for National Information Solutions Cooperative. I lead a small team of iOS and Android developers. The iOS apps are a mix of ObjC and Swift 3.
High Rail started off in ObjC (because Swift was not yet known). I re-wrote the entire code base in Swift 2, mostly as a learning exercise. I sure learned a lot. Then came Swift 3, so I effectively re-wrote the app again.
I am currently working on a new interactive layout control feature using SpriteKit.
Coolest App I Got Paid To Develop
- an aero-mechanical data analysis framework for graphing and analyzing flight test data
- CocoaConf Speaker
- Core Animation
- Concurrency and Architecture
- Unit Testing
- I co-authored a book on JUnit and testing strategies for O’Reilly – Java Extreme Programming Cookbook
- I created and delivered numerous software programming courses for Washington University’s CAIT program (through a previous employer Object Computing, Inc.)
- Master of Business Administration – Webster University
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science – Southeast Missouri State University