I am a software engineer. For 20 years I have helped my clients design, develop and release software in the defense, health and financial industries. I enjoy teaching, mentoring and public speaking. I have several open source projects on GitHub.
I currently spend my days developing for iOS (Swift/ ObjC).
I am a Principal Software Engineer for National Information Solutions Cooperative. I lead a small team of iOS and Android developers.
High Rail App
High Rail started off in ObjC (because Swift did not yet exist). I re-wrote the entire code base in Swift 2, mostly as a learning exercise. Then came Swift 3, so I effectively re-wrote the app again. The latest version is Swift 4.
Coolest App I Got Paid To Develop
- an aero-mechanical data analysis framework for graphing and analyzing flight test data
I Enjoy Public Speaking
- CocoaConf Speaker
- Core Animation
- Concurrency and Architecture
- Unit Testing
- For years I led the St. Louis CocoaHeads group, and spoke often on various software engineering topics.
- I created and delivered numerous software programming courses for Washington University’s CAIT program (through a previous employer Object Computing, Inc.)
- I co-authored a book on JUnit and testing strategies for O’Reilly – Java Extreme Programming Cookbook
- Master of Business Administration – Webster University
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science – Southeast Missouri State University